The Granola Project has been a huge success! We are traveling throughout the health system delivering healthy granola snacks to our amazing employees.
The purpose of the project is simply to spread joy through wholesome goodness. If you haven’t seen or heard of the granola project it’s probably because we haven’t reached your area yet – we’re on our way and will be there soon!
Due to the overwhelming response to the granola (made from scratch by our amazing Medical Center of the Rockies Hospitality Team), we are giving away the recipe.
Be well and be healthy!
Prep: 30 min, Bake: 15 min plus cooling time
- 3 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sunflower kernels
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped dried apples
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine oats and almonds in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, butter, honey, and vanilla. Stir in the sunflower kernels, coconut, apples, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in oat mixture.
- Press into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 13-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen servings
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 serving = 1 bar): 152 calories, 7g fat, 4g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 2g fiber